More Fabulous DIY Maternity Halloween Costumes
Posted by rebecca
Pregnancy is a wonderful time to cherish the life growing inside of you. It is also the time to dress as a pregnant nun or the Pillsbury Doughboy. Sporting a watermelon-sized belly this fall and wondering how to best feature it in this year’s Halloween festivities? Check here if you want to view a photo gallery of some homemade costumes for pregnant women. (I love the “bun in the oven” costume!) Thrifty Fun has many excellent ideas, many of which I’ve listed below.
- Man with a beer gut (Optional: Your companion can dress as the wife)
- Santa Claus
- Pregnant animal—Say, a cat. Wear all black, attach a tail and ears.
- Deviled egg
- Construction worker wearing a hardhat and a tool belt. Fill the tool belt with diapers, wipes, bottles, and other baby gizmos.
- Eight ball (Optional: A companion dressed as the pool cue)
- Beach ball—Wear a bikini top and shorts or a skirt, then paint the beach ball on the belly.
- Lady bug—Add black polka dots to a red maternity top. Add antennas made from pipe cleaners and make or buy some wings.
- Shotgun bride
- Mother Earth—the belly is a globe.
- Homer Simpson
- Pregnant nun (Optional: Bring along a priest as a companion.)
- Fred Flintstone (Optional: Your companion dresses as Wilma.)
- A cow
- Black widow
- The Pillsbury Doughboy
- Juno (Optional: Companion dresses as Paulie Bleeker, complete with sweatbands and tall socks.)
- The pregnant celebrity of your choice (e.g., Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Katie Holmes)
- A barefoot and pregnant woman
Any other costume ideas for the mother-to-be? All suggestions welcome!
Do-it-yourself Halloween costumes work for me! For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas, head on over to We are THAT Family.