We’re pretty on the fence about beets at our household. We don’t hate them, but we don’t exactly love them either. When ever we’d find them in our CSA box, I’d usually shred them and add a tiny bit to our go-to house salad each night.
Then our friends brought over a delicious salad full of roasted beets, and we all loved it! I’ve actually made this several times since, and still can’t believe how good the beets taste in it. It must be the salty feta and crunchy cashews.
This is a great lunch salad, since the cashews and cheese make it filling enough to be a meal on its own.
- Fresh Beets
- Roasted Salted Cashews
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Lettuce (I prefer a mix of red and green butter lettuce, which is not reflected in the photo)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Peel and cut into bite-sized wedges. In the picture, they are diced into tiny bites since they were also for my infant.
- Toss with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roast at 425F until soft, 45-60 minutes
- Let cool to room temperature (or refrigerate ahead of time) before assembling salad
- Add lettuce, beets, cashews, and crumbled feta to salad bowl
- Drizzle with a good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add pepper to taste
- Toss salad to coat
- Try the salad before adding additional salt, since the feta might be salty enough