If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert for Mother’s Day, this simple Almond Cream is perfect! It only takes a few minutes to make, requires no skill in the kitchen, and tastes like a special occasion! I like to serve it with raspberries, but any fresh berries, stone fruit or even a compote will compliment the light almond flavor.
Especially if you are serving a rich dinner, Almond Cream is a dessert that is light and will satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling stuffed.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 C cold water
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 C half & half
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Raspberries (or other fruit)
- In a 4-Cup glass measuring cup (or a microwavable bowl) sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 5 minutes
- Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until gelatin dissolves (this won't take more than 2 minutes)
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Stir in half & half and almond extract
- Pour into six 1/2-cup serving dishes
- Chill at least four hours
- Before serving, top with raspberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, cherries or your other favorite fruit